Thursday, June 5, 2008

Angelo Bucci---Rock Star!

I retain all my copyrights. Text and Photos Copyright Maria Merlino 2008. Do not publish to any other site. Instead provide a link to this page:
Angelo Bucci




Check Out the YouTube video I shot of Angelo and his Granite

I don’t know who is drooling more, Apollo, an American Bulldog who is lying down on a Travertine floor, gnawing on a bully stick, or me, a first generation American, standing there caressing wall after wall of granite, marble, stone, slate, glass and tile. With names like Green Pearl, Paradiso, Baltic Brown, Blue Bahia and Santa Sicilia, I’ve just discovered my inner cavewoman at Angelo’s Tile and Marble Outlet on Oregon Avenue.

“Many people know me from my days on 22nd and Washington Avenue”, Angelo Bucci informs me. “I now have a new location with a new concept for the public. Half of my showroom is the marble, granite and limestone and the other half is the kitchen cabinets, hardwood flooring, and commercial and residential carpeting. This is a one stop shop.”

And what a shop! Instead of playing-card size pieces of granite as samples, Bucci has custom ordered big, water polished slabs as mockups. You really get to see the grain and color in these splendid shafts. If you like mosaics, there is an array of every color and arrangement you can gaze upon. I’ve seen glass tile used for projects on the how-to-do-it type TV shows but actually viewing this product in person takes your breath away and combined with steel tiles, the high tech quality is astounding. If you like the natural look, sample boards of pebble tiles and Ledgestone will make your head spin. And the stone balustrades he features are going to be the next big must have.

All the cabinets are exclusive to Bucci as he is the sole distributor in the area. “They are quality plywood, not particle board and my men assemble them here so that my clients save money”, he conveys. “And my tile installer, George Thomas has been with me for 14 years. His work speaks for itself. “

Finish reading the rest of the story here in my column Within Walking Distance Angelo Bucci



Angelo Bucci and his dog Apollo


Angelo and Debbie Bucci in their beautiful kitchen



Master brick layer, Emidio Bucci,Father of Angelo Bucci

The Women of Bucci


George Thomas showing off the Travertine floor he just installed.


Friends Forever!